Saturday, July 9, 2016

Our week at the MTC

Wow, what an awesome week we just had. The classes have been awesome. The teachers were awesome. Our district was a big one and had 11 couples. We had two morning teachers and two afternoon teachers. Many of the other teachers taught in the Big Group Meetings. We learned so much. The other couples are wonderful. We got to know the other 10 in our district quite well. One of the 11 was a companionship of two single sisters. We had fun interacting with both of them. Sister Ferrington is from Louisiana and I really enjoyed her accent. (Remembering Lucille.)

We loved the MTC video of Elder David Bednar, talking about the Character of Christ.
      Turn outward, not inward.
      It's not about you.
      A testimony is not enough, you have to be converted to Christ.
      Be like him.
      Do things for people, not to for the recognition.

Elder Marlin K. Jensen was the Tuesday night devotional speaker. That was an amazing meeting. Besides the 130 senior couples, there were 2,000 missionaries. The missionary choir was so moving. Elder Jensen had 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter in the audience. That was awesome. His talk was on the levels of Faith in the Book of Mormon. He started with Ether 12:12-16.
12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.
 13 Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth.
 14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
 15 Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites.
16 Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after.

I wish I could write all my notes, but I'm not going to. 

The roll plays were only roll plays, but they were also so real. I really felt the Spirit testifying to me. And you know about my leaky right eye when I feel the spirit. Well both eyes leaked a lot. I have never cried, or smiled, or sometimes both at the same time, so much in my life. But, I wasn't the only one. I have decided that the MTC is the Happiest place on earth,--not Disneyland or Disney World. If you don't believe me, I challenge you to see for yourself.

Our training was finished Friday at 4:00. We were taught and challenged to the end, but it was also a very relaxed week. Everyone treats the Senior Missionaries so special, but they all are very special. No one is there because they might be feeling pressure to go on a mission. There is no pushing the envelope to see what you can get away with. They are paying all their mission expenses. They come with such expertise and talents. They are humble and teachable, and at the same time they can teach so much.

The next 18 months seems like a long time, but with what we have experienced we don't want it to end. 

I love you all. Robyn, Mom, Grandma and Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment